The combination of knowledgeable staff and extensive resources at the library complements knowledge acquisition, instruction, and research at universities and colleges, and positions the library as an integral element of student learning, success, and retention; faculty research; and teaching and staff enrichment.
As learning hubs, libraries at post-secondary institutions offer a wide array of services tailored to users’ specific needs.
Library staff can work with you a little or a lot, synchronously or asynchronously, toward a shared goal of learner success.
Services libraries offered include, (but are not limited to):
Information Literacy (Library) Orientations
- Library sessions help learners become confident, capable researchers. These transferable skills facilitate both academic success and lifelong learning
- You can schedule a session when you are most likely to need instruction, resources, and support provided by our specialists
- All sessions are tailored to research needs, and can be one-time or provided over a series of days
- Embedded Librarians are research specialists integrated into LMS courses to support learners throughout the research process
- Embedding an Information Service Specialist into Canvas courses gives learners another point of contact, which is especially important in a virtual environment
- Librarians facilitate learners’ research and use of library resources during the entire course or when needed to assist with a specific assignment
- With our national network of cooperating libraries, the Buchanan Library’s reach extends far past our doors, offering researchers access to digital materials not held within our catalogue
- Information specialists work with faculty and campus researchers to begin or further their research by assisting with literature searches, specific research queries, and access
If you work or study at Lethbridge College, contact the Library’s Information Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about the Buchanan Library and our resources and services.