Capture your brainstorming sessions more efficiently using the Post-it app.
< 1 minute (once you know what you’re doing)
At least 1 human
Core Competency Connection
- Smartphone (Requires at minimum iOS 12 or Android 7.0)
- Sticky notes
- Writing implements (Sharpies preferred)
- You’ll need some sticky notes that have been written on.
- This is often done in brainstorming sessions or other meetings.
Step 1: There’s an app for that
- Download the free Post-it app from either Google Play Store (Android) or the App Store (iOS) onto your computer or mobile device.
- Open the app.
Step 2: Say Cheese!
- Now you’ll have two options: capture or create.
- Select capture to snap a photo of your Post-it notes.
- Tap on the plus symbol to access these options if you’re using the app on your mobile phone.
Step 3: Present and accounted for
- Photos you take will appear on your screen.
- Green boxes with checkmarks on your Post-its indicate that your Post-it notes have been captured.
- Tap on any Post-its without checkmarks to add them to your board.
Step 4: Customization
- A digital version of your board will appear.
- You’ll now have the option to rotate, change colours, add text to your notes, or click and drag them onto other boards to organize your information.
Step 5: Share with your friends!
- Click the Share button in the top right corner to export your board and share with other people or devices.
- Exporting to Excel is the best option we’ve tried so far.
- Select Excel and then choose how you’d like to share.
Step 6: The sky’s the limit
- If you’ve shared your photo board with your own computer, simply open the file to access your content.
- You can edit further from here and use the information you’ve gather for facilitation, meetings, or anything else you can think of!
You can utilize a text recognition function to add more flexibility with content use. Individual notes can be edited and additional notes can be added.