Ease daily stress with this triangle breathing technique.
1 minute at least. Use this technique for as long as you feel necessary or until you feel calm and your stress has been reduced.
1 – unlimited Humans
Core Competency Connection
If trying this technique for the first time, a computer with internet connection can be used to follow along with the YouTube video.
- Clear your mind and remove yourself from distractions.
- Load YouTube video if trying this technique for the first time.
Step 1: Discuss.
- Discuss the importance of breathing and its association with wellness. This activity can be used as preparation for tests or assessment feedback, or any time students are experiencing anxiety.
Step 2: Inhale.
- Picture a triangle. Starting at the bottom left of the triangle, breathe in for three counts as you trace up the first side of the triangle.
Step 3: Hold.
Hold your breath for three counts as you trace down the second side of the triangle.
Step 4: Exhale.
- Breathe out for three counts as you trace across the final side of the triangle. Repeat this breathing cycle as many times as you like.