Refresh your mind with these simple exercises. Preserve your WPM!
It should only take 2-4 minutes, but do it often!
Core Competency Connection
- Your hands
- A few quick seconds
Step 1: Hands where i can see them!
- Sit with your palms up, resting them in your lap or on some other surface.
Step 2: Let’s see that rhythm.
- With your left hand, repeat the following pattern: thumb-to-index finger (A), thumb-to-middle finger (B), thumb-to-ring finger (C).
- Repeat A-B-C, A-B-C.
Step 3: Let’s shake things up a bit.
- Next, with your right hand, repeat the following pattern: thumb-to-index finger (A), thumb-to-middle finger (B), thumb-to-index finger (A), thumb-to-ring finger (C), and repeat.
- Over and over, practice A-B-A-C, A-B-A-C.
Step 4: All together now!
- Now, try both patterns/rhythms at the same time.
- Repeat until your mind is more focused and clearer.
It takes practice – I would practice it myself until I could do it fairly well before demonstrating for students.