Make sure learners get a proper introduction to their textbooks.
It should take less than 5 minutes!
Core Competency Connection
- Computer with internet access, College email & password (if off campus)
Step 1: Find it online.
- On a computer with internet access, go to https://lethbridgecollege.ca/index.php/departments/buchanan-library.
Step 2: Search and…
- Type relevant keywords into the main search box.
Step 3: Pick whatever book you need
- Scroll down the left-hand menu and select Book from beneath the Format subheading.
- If needed, set a publication date range using the Publication Year limiter found in the same left-hand menu.
Step 4: For more instruction.
- Browse the results to find relevant titles.
- If using print books, note their call numbers—books can be found on the shelves of the Buchanan Library.
- If using electronic books, click the View eBook button to access the book.
Step 5: Step into the check-out line.
- Take your book(s) and your ID card to the Circulation (front) desk.
- Books may be borrowed for three weeks.
Step 6: If you’re really stuck.
- If you can’t find what you need, adjust your search terms (keywords), and follow these steps again to see new results.
- If you’re still have trouble finding what you need, ask a Library staff member for help.
Take some time to brainstorm about your topic before searching. Think of synonyms, similar terms, broader terms, or narrower terms that you could use if your first search does not return the results you need.